6 Noticeably Effective Beauty & Skincare Products Under $20
(This post contains affiliate links – click Here to understand what that means.)
Have you paid a lot of money for skincare products and never really noticed that they’ve made a difference? I spent many years doing that. Now I’ve found alternatives that are often even more effective for a fraction of the cost. I’ve made sort of a game of it and my skin is winning!
I’m fortunate in that I’m 51 years-old and consistently mistaken for being in my mid 30’s. I love sharing what I’ve found that makes a noticeable difference in the look and feel of my skin. There are two estheticians in my family so I check skincare products with them to be certain they’re high quality. Then the ultimate test is how they work, feel, smell and if I can tell what they’re doing for my skin.
MY CRITERIA IS SIMPLE:
- noticeably effective
Here are the skincare products under $20, that make a noticeable difference, that I’m currently using and the results I’ve noticed. I’ll continue to update this post as I find anything even better!
1) TruSkin Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E – Amazon’s Choice AND MINE
If you’re in the know about C serum, you already understand why it’s so vital to incorporate into even the most basic of beauty routines. This serum is professional grade, organic, concentrated and powerful. Similar brands cost over $100/oz. and I used to pay that. This one is better than most and only $19.99/oz. or $36/2 oz.
I’m aware of my skin being a bit firmer and the hyperpigmentation I’ve had for a long time is slowly fading. It’s one of my best and favorite beauty finds. To read more about this product and the benefits of Vitamin C Serum with hyaluronic acid and vitamin E, click here to read my post
2) Pura D’or Pro-Organic 100% Rosehip Seed Oil – from Vitacost
I use this at night under my moisturizer (GloNaturals below). Since using it consistently I’ve had people comment on how great my skin looks. I definitely see some softening of the lines around my eyes. Pat a few drops into your skin and after a minute or two follow it up with either your favorite moisturizer or GloNatural C cream.
BENEFITS OF ROSEHIP OIL FOR SKINCARE
- Pure Organic Rosehip Oil works as a skin toner with Vitamin E and Vitamin C for the lips, eyes, body, face, and skin as a botanical collagen cleanser for antioxidant vitality.
- Use as a morning or nighttime moisturizing oil to rejuvenate and reduce redness.
- Repairs damage on a cellular level with natural fatty acids, vitamins, retinol, and lycopene.
- Replenishes moisture and leaves a silky smooth finish for a younger appearance.
- Ideal for dry, mature and blemish-prone skin.
- It’s like a multivitamin for the skin.
- Ideal for wrinkles, fine lines, dry flaky skin, acne, inflammation, stretch marks, scar repair, nail health.
- It’s also a perfect scalp treatment before shampooing
3) GloNaturals Essentials Collection – Vitamin E Renewal Cream with Hyaluronic Acid & Organic Green Tea – $7.99/2 oz. from Vitacost
This is my new love for face, eyes, and neck. Silky soft, luxurious and penetrates skin beautifully. It has a very light citrus scent. It’s crazy but I actually look forward to using it morning and night because it feels so silky and smells so good. And it improves skin’s texture and clarity. Lightly massage cream into smile lines. I’ve done this for years and am convinced it’s made a big difference. And, don’t forget sunscreen every morning, rain or shine. Either your favorite or the one I recommend below.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS VITAMIN E, A & C MOISTURIZER
- Infused with powerful, radical-fighting vitamin C
- Antioxidant and UV protection
- Softens and deeply hydrates with moisture-magnet hyaluronic acid
- Skin-pampering phytonutrients from organic herbs: green tea, milk thistle, marshmallow and more
- Great for all skin types
- It glides on like a dream and sinks right in, for a grease-free surface that’s perfect whether you apply makeup (morning) or hitting the pillow (night).
4) Badger Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 – $13.59/2.9 oz. from Vitacost
I researched this one years ago and still find that it consistently ranks as one of the safest and most effective sunscreens. It contains zinc so it takes just a bit of extra care to be sure it’s rubbed in completely so it doesn’t look white. You won’t need much of this product so start sparingly until you know how much feels right.
BADGER SUNSCREEN BENEFITS
- Broad Spectrum SPF 35
- Extra Zinc Oxide
- Water-resistant up to 80 minutes
- Certified Natural
- Contains Organic Ingredients
5) Home Health Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Cream (face and body) – $13.99/4 oz.—from Vitacost
I use this on my face and body but more so for body since discovering 3) GloNaturals above. Alright, the packaging isn’t beautiful and I personally don’t like the smell, so I add either lemon or grapefruit oil to create a scent I like—but it’s absolutely worth it for how hydrating it is and the other beneficial ingredients: vitamins A, E, B, C, green tea extract and grape seed to firm and replenish your skin. It contains no mineral oil. And the price is GREAT!
I can’t word this any better, so here’s what Home Health says about it. “For healthier looking skin, Hyaluronic Acid Cream Moisturizing Cream can help. Acid is naturally found in the skin, where it helps to maintain a more youthful elasticity by trapping skin’s moisture, which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. it’s a blend of nourishing ingredients including Retinol, plus the antioxidant protection of Green Tea and Vitamin C. It contains no mineral oil, petroleum or animal products, parabens, artificial fragrances or artificial colors. Rejuvenating vitamins firm and tighten texture to replenish skin’s natural radiance. Gentle for all skin types, this moisturizer absorbs quickly into the skin for a beautiful complexion that truly radiates.”
Especially in the winter, this cream saves me from dry skin after shaving my legs. I use it as a hand cream and an extra layer of face cream.
6) Mario Badescu’s Silver Powder – $12/1 oz. – from Amazon
Additional Beauty Tips
I’ve always been careful to concentrate the serum and creams I use around my mouth and eyes and I know it’s made a big difference in terms of fewer lines and wrinkles.
I primarily order beauty and skincare products from Vitacost and Amazon. If you’d like to know about other skincare products under $20 that I use and recommend from Vitacost, click to read my post VITACOST: HEALTH & SKINCARE PRODUCTS UP TO 50% OFF RETAIL – FOR VITAMINS TOO!
If you know anyone who would benefit from this post, please share it with them.
If you have a skincare concern I haven’t written about, please let me know in the comments below. I love this subject and would be glad to do the research and post about it.